My Travels

July 29, 2012

Final Teaching Day

Thursday was our final day of teaching. I did a lesson on portraiture and correct proportions of the human face. Portraiture is my favourite form of art, particularly with pencils and charcoal.

The Canadian Teachers' Federation seeks to advance progress on poverty reduction.  As we are representatives of CTF, we provide support through educating members in developing countries on Gender Equity and HIV/AIDS. In the afternoon, we delivered workshops on these topics.  Sherri and I presented the HIV/AIDS workshop to a group.  It was interesting how little some participants knew of the disease. During the session, a question asked was, "Is it possible to contract HIV through kissing". To which I responded, "You would need to swap buckets full of saliva!"




Presenting the HIV/AIDS Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment